Spiritual wellness represents one’s personal beliefs and values and involves having meaning, purpose, and a sense of balance and peace.
Regularly practice self-reflection to increase awareness of purpose, meaning, and connection in your life. If you are a person of faith, seek opportunities to become involved in one of the various faith-based student organizations and opportunities in the community. Develop practices like yoga, meditation, and mindfulness to help you focus on connection and spirituality.
Spiritual Wellness In and Out of the Classroom
- Creating quiet times for mindfulness
- Utilize bulletin board to highlight mindfulness apps
- Host mindfulness events (ex. Art therapy, yoga/stretch night)
- Spending time in nature
- Spending time journaling all that you are grateful for
- Volunteer and help/serve others in your community