In 2011, Former President Barack Obama designated October as National Substance Abuse Prevention Month in hopes of promoting safer and healthier communities. In 2015, he proclaimed, “We come together to acknowledge the role every person can play in preventing substance abuse and recommit to fostering a culture where all out people can live up to their fullest potential.”
Here at the University of Tennessee, we are doing just that. The Center for Health Education and Wellness (CHEW) strives to create a healthy and knowledgeable campus community by removing barriers and connecting students with the resources needed to achieve personal success. Throughout the month of October, CHEW is hosting the Just Kick It Fall Festival in recognition of National Substance Abuse Prevention Month. By engaging the university community, we hope to promote responsible decision making, provide information regarding substance use disorders, treatment, recovery, and connect individuals to valuable resources. Please see below for a list of upcoming events!
- October 1st: Kick-Off/Safe Fall Break
- 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM at HSS Lawn
- October 19th: VOLS 2 VOLS Consent Tailgate and Vols Know Their Risk!
- 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at Whirlwind Statue on Pedestrian Walkway
- October 24th: Recovery Fair
- 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM at Pedestrian Walkway
Thank you to our Platinum Vol Sponsors!
- The Office or Sorority & Fraternity Life
- Cornerstone of Recovery