What We Do:
- 974-HELP (4357)
- 974-HELP is a 24hr/7day a week number that serves to support students in crisis and as a referral resource for students, faculty, staff, and parents who have a concern about the safety or well-being of a student.
- 974-HELP is housed in the Center for Health Education & Wellness, which is located across from The Rock in the Student Health Building (1800 Volunteer Blvd, Suite 201).
- 974-HELP is answered by the Center for Health Education & Wellness staff Monday- Friday from 8AM-5PM. After hours, 974-HELP is answered by a licensed clinical staff person.
- Case Management Team
- In order to provide comprehensive services, the distressed student protocol utilizes the case management model to meet the needs of distressed students. The goal of the Case Management Team is to work together to prevent violence, suicide, substance abuse and encourage wellness and personal safety.
- Threat Assessment Team
- In order to promote a coordinated response to students who may be at an increased risk to themselves or others, the distressed student protocol utilizes a Threat Assessment Team to coordinate response to urgent needs. The goal of the Threat Assessment Team is to evaluate, de-escalate, and manage a range of behavioral concerns related to University of Tennessee students (SIGMA, 2013)
- 974-HELP (4357)
Anna Wade, Assistant Director
Discipline: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
What I love about what I do: I feel honored to be a part of the lives of the students I work with and to help them find peace in areas where they struggle. As they grow and explore new paths I find that I also learn and grow from them which I believe makes me better at what I do and a better person.
How long I have worked at UT: I have been at UT since December of 2013
What I love most about UT: I love the history, the amazing Alumni that have graduated from UT, the sense of community, and how Vols are not afraid to help their fellow Vols!
Allison Cole, Case Management Coordinator
What I love about what I do: I love being a helper, and I especially like working with students. I think this is such an important time in their lives when they are on the threshold of going into the adult world and also figuring out what they want to do with their life and career.
How long I have worked at UT: I have been at UT since October of 2017
What I love most about UT: The resilience of the student population at UT is really special.